(Minnesota - Wisconsin) Sectional Map of The Surveyed Portion of Missesota and the Northwestern Part of Wisconsin
It is a time of unbelievable growth for the town of Duluth. During the time this birds eye view was made the town was growing. From 1890 to 1895 the town grew by 79%, and that unhampered by the economic crash of 1893. Indeed below the title, it states that the population in 1873 was 5,000, and by 1893 it was 70,000. Just below that a transportation schematic that shows how central to the nation Duluth is by water and rail. Flanking that on each side are large vignettes for key buildings (High School, Board of Trade, Chamber of Commerce), and a small map of the city, as well as a small lakeside view of the town. This fine large stone lithograph, shows everything that composed the town, with special attention to the fine details of layout and architecture. The Lake is swarming with steamers and sailing boats, large and small, with many stationed at the docks. This large view has been professionally restored and backed and has a few points of staining in the upper left corner, and some general light age toning.